The purpose of this article is to explain how to assign a task to another user.
Our solution allows you to send and track tasks with an electronic ticket. Once uploaded, every involved Member is automatically informed about the status changes of the task.
To access the input screen for a new task, navigate to the action area and select New, followed by Tasks.
The task-input-form opens and allows you to put in all relevant information to specify the task you want to create.
Fields marked with * are requirements and must be filled out.
- Topic: Choose a topic for your task. The topic can be used as a filter once the task is uploaded.
- Status: When a new task is captured, choose Open.
- Responsible: Add the person responsible for the task here. Everyone responsible will be automatically informed about the task with a message in the system.
- Subject: Choose a title for the task. The subject is automatically adopted as subject for the message.
- Description: Use this field to describe the task in detail. The text is automatically used as content for the message.
- Priority: Select the tasks’ priority
To specify your task further, it is possible to make some optional notes:
- Due date: Set a date for the person responsible, for when the task has to be completed. According to this date, reminders or automated reports can be implemented.
- Trade: Select the concerning trade. The selected trade can be used as a filter to find the task in the system or to analyse the performance of different trades.
- Member to note: It is possible to notify other registered members about the task. The added members will get notifications about the different processing steps.
- Attach files: Different files can be attached to the task.
When all required fields are filled out, you can upload the task. It is automatically forwarded to the responsible members and the members put in the CC field. To upload the task select Send and confirm in the opening window with OK:
Screenshots are an example. The interface of your platform may look different, but the processes remain the same.
Some of the functions shown may differ slightly depending on the release version of your project room.