Here you can find information on all new features for Formworks. For information on previous new feature releases, please see our archived articles at the bottom of this page. For details on bug fixes, please see our Release Notes article.
May 2022 Release - iOS App Version 9.2 - Auth0, Rebranding and Bugfixes
- The iOS App now reflects the new Thinkproject branding. As this includes changes to the
user interface, it is recommended that the browser cache be cleared.
- Online authentication is now managed through Auth0, which enforces a stricter password
policy and MFA (Multi Factor Authentication) for added security.
Users can continue to use their existing login credentials but should there be a need to reset
their password, then it is at this time their account is fully migrated to Auth0, enforcing the
updated password policies. New users added to Formworks are added to Auth0.
- In order to login offline, the user needs to setup a 4 digit password (PIN) upon first online
login. It is possible to reset this pin within the app (device can be online or offline).
Note this is separate from the online login details and is needed to facilitate offline login.
Screenshots below show the initial PIN entry and ability to reset the PIN:
PIN setup during first login:
- Reloading a new database resulted in duplicate entries being shown in drop-down menus
- Switching pages in Validation mode was causing the app to crash
- In some cases, text (word) was being incorrectly wrapped
- Numbering of audio clips was not incrementing when scripting was used to save the audio
See Previous Releases Below
April 2022 Release
This release brings:
- Integration with an industry-recognised authentication system.
- Branding in line with Thinkproject’s Brand and UX guidelines for the Web based applications and iOS App.
What are the key benefits?
- Seamless migration to the new authentication system means there will be no disruption to your operations.
- Users of Formworks can continue to use their existing login credentials.
- You and your users can decide when it’s best for you to fully migrate to the more stringent password policies enforced by the new authentication system.
- Organisations can enable SSO. This would mean that your users would no longer have to remember multiple passwords.
- Consistent user experience such as when logging in, and navigation across Thinkproject’s product portfolio.
- Modern look and feel.
- Bugfixes across both Formworks Web Portal and iOS app. Details will be provided at the time of the release.
To learn more about the upcoming changes, please see here or contact the Support Team.
What are the key benefits?
- A key Formworks capability is the ability to develop custom scripts which can automate forms and a users’ interaction with the forms.
- Scripting documentation is available here.
1st November - iOS App - Version 7.6.1 (Language localisation)
- This version of the app allows users to select their preferred language - English, French, German or Romanian.
Note: Translation of emails received by users such as those following a 'Reset Password' will be released at a later date.
Web Portal - Version 2.2.0 (Language localisation and enhancements)
- Web Portal release 2.2.0 introduces language support for French, German and Romanian. Users can select their preferred language to use within the portal.
- Updated Webforms User Interface – The updated user interface provides a modern look and feel that is similar to that of the iOS app. This provides a consistent user experience and journey when navigating form templates and forms on both iOS devices and Webforms.
- Support queries are now raised via an email, which is routed to our Support system
- New Validation checks:
- Character length for usernames (100 characters) and email addresses (75 characters)
- Email address is in the correct format; we check that it contains an ‘@’ and we check that it contains a ‘.’ as a separator in a domain name.
Set against a Form Template, Figure 1 shows the new Form property (circled in red) which allows Form Designers to select the scripting language to use with that Form Template.
Note: if you’re unable to see option to select language, then the browser cache should be cleared.
On a Windows device, this is CTRL and F5.