The purpose of this article is to explain how to configure the app general settings.
After downloading and installing the mobile app, it is important to configure the app's general settings to help maximize the efficiency and use of the tool.
Firstly, open the app on your mobile device and enter your user credentials.
Once logged in, select the settings cog in the top right-hand corner:
Several options will be displayed and you can toggle (on/off) the ones you are interested in:
The options are:
- Use Secondary dial with Prefix - This allows unique observation ID number per Phase/Type (i.e. OBS-1 for Observations, DF-1 for Defect, SNAG-1 for Snags, etc.) instead of the default sequential unique observation ID per Project (i.e. 1,2,3,4,5, etc.)
- Units System - This allows you to use a Metric or an Imperial unit system
- Show touches - This allows you to display blue discs when touching your screen with your fingers
- Maps: Show Pins and Forms together - This allows to display observations AND control forms pinned to a plan
- Maps: Allow creating Pins outside of plan boundary - This allows to pin any process (observations, control forms, etc.) outside of the plan itself
- Use new File viewer: This allows you to leverage the new viewer capabilities designed to optimize the quality of the PDF files you view
- Automatically Load 3D Models - This allows to load the models automatically when navigating to Models (instead of having to select manually the ones you want to display)
- Optimize photos - This allows you to optimize the photos (reducing their file size and therefore their quality) and save space storage on your device
- Clear Cache - Cache needn't be constantly cleared, but a periodic cleanout can be helpful for your device