The purpose of this article is to explain how to edit available user groups to set permissions.
Project permissions across all modules are control against ‘User Groups’. A user can be part of more than 1 user group. Typically, user groups are defined by high level roles on a project i.e. Client Team, General Contractor, Subcontractors.
To view and Edit the copied Groups;
- Go To SetUp.
- In the top right hand corner select the Groups icon.
The resulting pop-up window allows for the following.
- Groups are displayed and can be updated / edited.
- More groups can be added.
- It is possible to import Groups from other projects you have access to.
- It is possible to import Groups using an excel import if importing large numbers.
It is also possible to edit the role permissions on the project here.
- Select the Group
- And then select the Details option.
- All the Group permissions are either set to Yes (Can access) or No (No access).