The purpose of this article is to explain how to import new users to a project using excel.
The Kairnial solution allows you to quickly add new users, providing that you have the correct permissions.
To verify and/or grant the relevant permission to add new users:
- Click Setup
- Click ACL to view all the available project permissions. The latter are assigned against Roles/Teams.
- In the Search field, type the keyword 'user' to display the items containing that keyword. Verify that the option admin:add_user is enabled for a Role/Team you belong to so you can add new users
- If required, click the or against one or more specific groups to (de)activate the admin:add_user permission for the selected group(s)
- Once you verified and/or granted the permission, click the Invite Users icon
- Click Import
- Open an Excel spreadsheet, and enter the following labels as column headers:
- Email Address
- First Name
- Last Name
- Language - Select the user interface language in a dropdown menu
- Groups & Roles - Select one or more groups for the corresponding users so that they have the appropriate permissions
- For each column, enter the user details. Once finished, select and copy all the cells (including the ones containing the column headers)
- Paste the values in the relevant section
- Do not worry if you organized the column headers differently in your Excel spreadsheet, you can always map them to the correct corresponding field
- Click Save
- The users are then displayed in the window. You can edit/complete the required fields if needed.
- Once finished, click Add
Confirmation is shown on screen and all users will be sent an email invitation to log in and join the project.