The purpose of this article is to explain how to create a new folder.
Kairnial's powerful Documents module provides robust and sophisticated document management and archiving for all of your mission-critical project documentation, such as drawings, specifications, bid packages, checklists, reports...
To use the Documents module, you need to define a project folder structure to store and manage the files you need.
To create a folder:
- Navigate to the Documents module
- Click to select the folder you want to add a subfolder to (If you want the new folder to appear under your project's root folder, then don't select any existing folder at all).
- Click the + icon
- Enter a name for your folder
- You have an option to create the folder at the root level if you change your mind during the process
- Click the Rights tab. Roles & Groups will be displayed, you can then set the permissions
The available options are:
No permission (both icons are greyed out) View only (the eye icon is NOT greyed out) Edit (both icons are NOT greyed out)
- Click Add upon completion.