The purpose of this article is to explain the BIMPACKAGE and PLANPACKAGE formats (Kairnial Plugin for Revit)
The Kairnial plugin allows a user with Revit (2017 to 2021) to publish files from their models to the Kairnial platform.
There are two methods of publishing:
- Method 1: Publish from Revit to MODELS & PLANS AREA
- Method 2: Publish to the "Plan & Model Group" without deposit in the MODELS & PLANS AREA
Note: Please contact your Kairnial consultant to find out the appropriate method to use on your project.
With the Kairnial plugin it is possible to publish from Revit to Documents:
- The 3D model in RVT format
- The 3D model of the Revit file in IFC format (interchange format for interoperability)
- The 3D model of the Revit file in BIMPACKAGE format for online visualization of 3D models in the Kairnial environment
- Revit's 2D plan views in PLANPACKAGE format for online visualization of 2D views in the Kairnial environment
- 2D plan views and presentation sheets of Revit file in PDF and DWG formats
Example of a 3D view published to the MODELS & PLANS AREA in BIMPACKAGE format :
Example of a 2D view published to the MODELS & PLANS AREA in PLANPACKAGE format.